For immediate pastoral care needs contact the church office at 913.233.2992. If the need is urgent and you receive the after-hours message, please follow the prompts for “pastoral care” to reach the clergy member on duty.
To arrange for a pastor or clergy to visit someone who is or will be hospitalized, contact the church office at 913.233.2992 during normal business hours. If the need is urgent and you receive the after-hours message, please follow the prompts for “pastoral care” to reach the pastor on duty.
For information on planning a funeral at Evangelistic Center Church, or to request a pastor to officiate an off-site funeral, contact the church office at 913.233.2992
Many couples view pre-marriage counseling as unromantic and unnecessary. But, with the divorce rate what it is now, it is surprising that more couples don’t choose to do it. How much time goes into preparing for a wedding which only lasts one day? Wouldn’t it make sense to put some prep time into your marriage that is supposed to last a lifetime?
Because these are not a one-size-fits-all sessions, we can tailor your sessions to your needs. Some of the common issues couples may discuss are:
• Money — including your money values, dealing with past debt, saving habits, future expectations, etc.
• Pre-marital Agreements — when they are helpful or necessary and how to navigate through the development of one so that no one’s feelings are hurt.
• Disagreements — how do you handle them now, how you would like them to be handled. Conflict management techniques; how to fight fair, expressing anger and frustration in a healthy way.
• Family and Religion/Spiritual Life — planning holidays, pleasing both sides of the family, or not, and, who communicates with whom? Do you share religious or spiritual beliefs? How will you accommodate each other’s’ needs for religious or spiritual expression?
• Children — when, how many, childrearing styles and beliefs, views on adoption or high tech ways to become pregnant if there is infertility. What child rearing values are most important to the both of you? How will they be implemented?
• Home — who is responsible for what chores, how do you incorporate each partner’s living style, and ideas about navigating entertaining, pets, interior decoration, etc.
• Community and Friends — do you like each other’s’ friends? Do you have couple friends? How do you feel about your partner spending time with friends? How much is okay? How active do you foresee each of you becoming in your community, clubs, or groups?
• Intimacy and Sex — are you well matched in your need for affection? Are you comfortable talking about intimate expectations with your partner. Can you see the possibility of each having different levels of desire? How will you handle that?
Our pre-marital counseling is a requirement for those getting married at Evangelistic Center Church and one of its pastoral leaders. , or by an Evangelistic Center pastor, and helps couples begin their marriage on the right foot and spiritual foundation. The cost of the pre-marital counseling is $65 per couple.
Evangelistic Center pastors are available to officiate on-site or off-site weddings.
Prepare Enrich Relationship Assessment
Before meeting with the pastor assigned to officiate your wedding, you will be instructed to complete the Prepare/Enrich Relationship online Assessment. The cost is $35 per couple.
Questions? Email Pastor Carolyn Vaughn at email@example.com, or call 913-233-2992